Do you want to learn how to connect Bluetooth headphones with digital piano? You’re in the right place! One of the most beneficial factors of digital pianos is that they provide you with a wide variety of connectivity options. This enables you to use the piano with external devices such as your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
One such connectivity option offered by digital pianos is the ability to use headphones with the piano. Although not all digital pianos offer this connectivity option, most of the current modern digital pianos come with this feature. This delivers the best convenience to pianists since you can practice privately with your headphones without having to disturb others in your home.
But, it’s important to note that when you connect Bluetooth headphones with digital piano, it tends to have a delay effect. So, when there’s a delay effect, don’t panic, just know that it’s a common thing.
The Procedure to Connect Bluetooth Headphones with Digital Piano
The first thing you need to do is check whether your digital piano has Bluetooth capability. You can do this by checking Specifications – Connectivity. If it doesn’t have a Bluetooth connectivity option, try to check whether you can use it with a piano app. For instance, a Piano Partner app can help you run controls of your digital piano effortlessly.
There are two types of Bluetooth connections your piano can make to your Android and iOS devices. The first one is Bluetooth audio, which enables you to play music from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly through the piano’s speakers.
The second option is the Bluetooth MIDI, which allows your digital piano to communicate with your smartphone and apps. The first option is the most ideal one to consider since it needs to be done to then pair with the Bluetooth MIDI or app connection.
Below are some of the steps you need to take:
- Take your mobile phone or tablet that you want to connect with your digital piano.
- Go to the piano’s settings and turn the knob to access the Bluetooth option.
- You will see a screen appear which says “Bluetooth Pairing.”
- Press the knob to start the pairing process.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of your mobile device in settings.
- Tap on your phone’s Bluetooth “Devices” field.
- It will start pairing your digital piano with your mobile device.
- When the pairing is complete, you will see on the screen of your device or app saying “Pairing Complete.”
- Your device will indicate that the piano has been added to the “My Devices” field.
- Press the piano’s settings button to exit the function mode.
- Once you’re done, you can play music from your smart device and you’ll hear it on your digital piano.
To adjust the volume of the audio, you can do that from your mobile or tablet device and then you’ll hear the sound from the piano’s speakers.
Please note that if your piano doesn’t have a Bluetooth connectivity option you can try to check whether using an app can help you achieve this option. You can check out more details here on how to pair Bluetooth function of your device for app communication.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Headphones for Digital Piano Playing
Can You Plug in Headphones to a Digital Piano?
Yes, you can plug in headphones to a digital piano if your piano has a headphone output. Fortunately, most digital pianos come with headphones output, which makes it easy to use your headphones when you want to practice privately.
To connect Bluetooth headphones with digital piano is pretty easy. All you need to do is follow the above steps. If your piano is compatible with some of the popular piano apps, it also makes your work easier. All you have to do is check this functionality in the app and follow the steps to connect the piano with wireless headphones.